When we came to buying our car safety system for the baby, I was confused. (For those of you who know me, even more confused that normal). I could make no sense of the legislation and guidelines which in turn formed the basis of the following blog post I did over a year ago:
Having had the chance to review the Diono Radian 5 over the past few weeks, I can honestly say that I wish it was available when we bought ours.We ended up buying a Maxi Cosi Pebble and 2 Way fix. Unfortunately unlike the Radian 5 which will take you through to your child being 7 years old, the Maxi Cosi will need upgrading when Rambini gets over a certain size and this is not good news for my pocket.
“The Diono Radian 5 is the best and safest car seat on the market!”
By the time Rambini is 5 let’s say, the Maxi Cosi system will have cost us in excess of £400. As well as potentially being the safest system out there, the Radian is also only approx.£300.
From just looking and handling at the Radian 5, you can tell it’s built to last. I felt reassured knowing my baby was safe when I was driving around with her in the back, especially given all the bloody nut jobs on the road.
The Diono Radian 5 Key Features:
- Suitable from birth with extended rear facing capacity to 25kg
- Forward-facing 5-point harness capacity from 9kg up to 25kg
- Full steel alloy frame creates the strongest car seat available
- Aluminum reinforced side walls and headrest resist crash forces
- All round energy absorbing EPP foam
- Engineered plastic shell for strength and durability
- The first convertible car seat with a fold flat mechanism for easy storage and transport
- Super soft fabrics with a cosy infant support cushion and head rest
- Longer seat bottom for leg support and comfort
- Memory foam seat padding
- 5 shoulder harness and 2 crotch strap positions for flexibility
- Low profile seat base for easy boarding
- Unique space saving design allowing more space across the back seat and the most amount of
internal space for the child
- Fits up to 4 cup holders (1 included)
- Easy care fabrics
Check out this unbiased Vlog Review done by my old friend Molly Forbes for a more in depth view of the Radian 5: